Heroes are deployed in squads of 8 heroes by a Warlord to battle against other Warlords. There are over 400 unique heroes, each which have various traits and Skills. Hero traits can generally be described by the following terms: Alignment, Type, Gender, Rarity, and finally availability of their Souls.
A list of all heroes can be found here.
Heroes have an alignment, each of which have certain themes it will generally follow regarding the heroes' stats and skills. The current alignments are:
- Order - Balanced stats, support skills
- Nature - High health, defensive skills
- Chaos - High attack, offensive skills
Hero types determine the restrictions imposed on where they can be placed on the field or what actions can be performed. The current types are:
- Melee - restricted to the front two columns, cannot attack if a friendly hero is in front of them
- Ranged - restricted to the back two columns, can attack through friendly heroes in front of them
- Building - can be placed anywhere, but does not attack
Hero gender has an affect on certain skills which will affect only that gender. Current genders are:
Hero rarity affects the stats, skills, difficulty in obtaining the hero, and improvements available to the hero. Current rarities are:
- Common - 22 heroes in total
- Rare - 113 heroes in total
- Epic - 115 heroes in total
- Legendary - 112 heroes in total
Hero Table by Numbers
The table below shows the total number of heroes for each category listed above.
|Melee ||Ranged ||Building |
|Female ||Male ||Female ||Male ||Sexless |
- League Locked Heroes - unlocked by advancing in League within the Hall of Fame
- Event Locked Heroes - unlocked through Global Events
Once a hero has been unlocked, additional souls are always available as a possible drop from Chests, Summons, and Evolution. Some Heroes can also appear in Global Events which reward a large amount of souls: