This is a guide containing basic information for new players originally written on the subreddit, and later migrated to the wiki to take advantage of the wiki's features.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Start an Account on Facebook. Facebook accounts are the only way to play on both Mobile and PC. If you do not need the ability to play on mobile, then start an account on Steam as it is the most stable PC platform
- 2. Avoid leveling anything unnecessary (Heroes or Warlords) unless you gain something for it, such as the Unity of Factions quests in the Event Center. You should still level up anything that will help your League progression, as advancing a league is very worthwhile
- 3. Reach League 22 to unlock Global Events which are the best method of unlocking Heroes, as well as the Event Center and Mystery Store for additional resources
- 4. Finish the First Blood Global Event to unlock the Wish Shop and Mysterious Calls which are the best method to unlock specific Heroes, as well as decent method to collect Souls of specific heroes
- 5. Reach League 20 to unlock Dungeon of Trials and the Black Market. The Black Market is the best source for focused Hero development
- 6. Continue advancing in League to get better soul rewards from the Black Market and Chests. Reboosting is the most effective way to progress. If using this method, plan ahead accordingly
What kind of game is Mighty Party?
- Mighty Party is a game focused on building your collection of Heroes. However, unlike most collection-type games it is not a gacha where you spend resources chasing low drop rates. Most drop rates in Mighty Party are quite generous, meaning the game is more about resource management rather than luck. Unlike most games, the game is not designed to be immediately completable by an average player - you will get stuck at points until you get stronger by continuing to play.
Is this game P2W?
- Like many other modern microtransaction games, the general model is not pay to win, meaning that paying players do not gain unique advantages, but pay to advance faster. For example, a new player can expect to hit League 20 after around a week of playing, but buying a good $5 Legendary pack can get you there within a day as Legendary Heroes are pretty overpowered in the early leagues. In the later leagues, obtaining large quantities of Souls is a lesson in patience unless you pay money.
- Pets, released in May 2019, are with one exception only available for real money and offer a large advantage for a 1 time purchase with additional development costs using in game currency, and can be considered pay to win. Nonetheless development of Heroes is still the key to overall progression - a pet can greatly increase a hero's potential, but heroes will still be the backbone of your gameplay.
Is this game Player vs Player?
- With 1 exception, all battles are Player vs. AI, with the AI using another player's Squad or specially designed squads to fight you. The exception is Turf Wars, in which you play a numbers game with other players using the Troops of your collection.
What platform should I play on?
- Facebook or Steam are the best platforms. Facebook allows you to play both on mobile via iOS/Android apps and on PC via web browser. Steam is the most stable platform, but does not allow native mobile play.
- if you have already started on Mobile and have not ever played using your Facebook account, you can link the mobile account to Facebook to play on PC. There are no other ways to transfer accounts between platforms.
What is the most important thing to know as a new player?
- Do not level up anything (Heroes or Warlords) without a reason, such as quests from the Event Center or Global Events unless absolutely necessary for League progression. Level-ups are a limited resource and many quests reward performing level-ups.
- The First Blood Global Event immediately begins upon reaching League 22 and will block the Wish Shop, Mysterious Calls, and other Global Events while it is active. First Blood lasts for 6 days, so if planning ahead be sure it will finish before the other events begin.
What are the best things to spend my Gems or real money on?
- The best purchase for real money is the Gem Fund which is a limited time purchase and provides the best long term Gem to money ratio, a Legendary Pet (Sentry Fenrirus (wolf) will provide the most immediate benefit, while Drogun (raptor) is the best long term option), and finally Chest Slots. If you are looking to make occasional purchases, the Combat Packs that appear around holidays are Mighty Party's version of a sale deal.
- The best purchase for Gems for a new player are:
- 1. The Ogre or Jimmy Warlord skins
- 1. Other Warlord skins for the Warlord of the Week Event Center and Global Events quests
- 2. The Hunt to level Legendary Pets
- 3. The Black Market to improve specific Heroes
- 4. The Wish Shop to improve specific heroes and collect Elixir and Contribution
- 5. Summons during a 10x Demigods discount Event, Global Events, Mysterious Calls, or the Hunt to complete quests
- Global Event Heroes are doubled in summons while their Global Event is active
- 6. A Festive Summon that is available during holidays that costs up to 4x as much as a Demigods summon, but only contains Event Locked Heroes. This summon is the best method to unlock many Heroes if you can afford it.
- When spending Gems, it is best to spend while a Hunt, Global Events, or Mysterious Calls quest will reward you for spending. Long term the best way to spend gems is to complete hunts for Legendary pets.
I want to whale. What should I spend on?
- Whales will generally purchase Event Rune and Gems in the Shop during Global Events, as they go on sale while the Global Event is active. Gems are used to Summon while a Global Event is active for the chance at double souls, while a Shop Bonus is active, or on the Wish Shop.
- There are currently two promo codes which are always active:
- Additional codes are occasionally available for a limited time after being announced via the official Facebook and Instagram pages. A list of all codes is maintained on the Subreddit Wiki.
What Warlord skin should I purchase?
- New players should always purchase the Og'ord Crusher skin for Son of Woods (aka Ogre) or the Jimmy Rockerboy skin for Adam first. These warlords are significant improvements compared to the basic Warlords. More information can be found in the Warlord Skins section below.
Which heroes should I choose for the Wish Shop?
- After the April 4th, 2022 update which drastically increased the souls obtained from the Wish Shop, the best use of the Wish Shop is to choose strong Heroes to develop. Be sure to have enough Gems saved up to get them since the wish shop comes twice a month and heroes cannot be chosen again for 2 wish shops - although keep in mind that the first roll will always be a Legendary. Grace of Rockfleet and Legion, God of War are among the best choices for a first wish. More information and options are listed in the Wish Shop section below.
When should I Reborn my heroes?
- The best time to Reborn a Hero is when preparing to push Leagues in the Hall of Fame by taking advantage of Reboosting. Otherwise, you should always try to Reborn when a Event is active which will refund souls for reborning. This is much more important for higher tiers of Reborn, so if a first Reborn will finish a Weekly Quest, a task in the Event Path, or help you reach Tier 8 in High Growth it could still be worth it even without the Event active. However, when Reborning make sure that you are able to relevel your heroes back to a usable level - in general, the required levels for soulbinding or the Event Path are a good benchmark. For more specific comparisons between Reborns/levels, Mighty Bot's
!levelupcommand on the Official Discord Server will display stat comparisons between potential levels/Reborns.
- For Soulbinds, most important are the rare/epic/legendary soulbinds, as those are required for steps in Global Events.
- For Global Event Path, depending on Event Tier which is based on Maximum League:
When should I Soulbind my heroes?
- You should immediately Soulbind heroes that you actively use in your squad and as needed for Global Event steps. For other heroes, soulbinds (as well as Reborns and Level-ups) increase total might, which increases the difficulty Dungeon of Trials. However, the difficulty increase from soulbinding is negligible and not worth worrying over as the point where soulbinds would actually influence difficulty can be carried by the correct choice of warlord (Ogre or Jimmy). Soulbinding also increases Troops, which is beneficial for Guilds and gives more gold from deployment, so it is generally recommended to soulbind as soul dust allows (keeping in mind that a reserve of soul dust should be kept for the relevant event steps to boost heroes and to soulbind upcoming event heroes).
How does League affect gameplay and rewards?
- The majority of gameplay and rewards in Mighty Party will use either your Collection Army Might or your lifetime maximum League achieved to determine the value or difficulty. The exceptions are below:
- Rank - Overall measurement of account development. Ranks improve the Gold Mine. Experience is mainly gained from the Journey.
- League - Measurement of account in relation to other accounts. Advancing in League unlocks various features.
- Warlord - The "player character". There are currently 4 warlords and over 20 skins each with different abilities.
- Hero - Also known as cards. 8 heroes form a Squad which the Warlord takes into battles.
- Souls - Also known as copies. Souls are used to level up and evolve heroes.
- Resources - Used for purchasing or enabling various features. Gems are the primary game resource, and most other resources can be purchased directly for Gems - generally the option to purchase will appear when attempting to use a resource that you are lacking.
Creating an Account
- There is a single server that everyone plays on, but different platforms can be used to log in.
- There is no way to merge different platform accounts with the exception of Facebook which can be linked to a mobile platform - each platform used to log in creates a unique account with a different ID.
- A Facebook account is the most versatile account type as it allows play on both PC and mobile. Otherwise a Steam account provides the best and most stable user experience, but does not allow native mobile play via apps.
- Various Game Modes and features unlock as you advance in League, while difficulty is based on the total Might of your entire collection. Most important is reaching League 22 to unlock Global Events as they are the main method for unlocking Heroes and League 20 to unlock the Dungeon of Trials/Black Market which is the best source for focused Hero development
- The Journey is the main storyline of the game and consists of a series of battles against increasingly difficult enemies. The Journey is designed to be difficult to complete - The final chapter (Chapter 9) of the Journey is extremely difficult for those without the proper heroes or time. Progression in the Journey only slightly improves the rewards from the recurrent timed Journey chest, so don't worry too much if you get stuck.
- Of special note is the Gem Fund which is a limited time offer lasting 2 weeks from account creation and offers by far the best Gem to real money ratio, rewarding Gem for progressing in the Journey. If you are planning on spending any money at all and planning to play the game seriously, the Gem Fund is one of the better long term best purchases you can make.
- Tip: Look at the enemies abilities and try to build a squad which can counter them. Remember that you will get stuck at some point and that to progress you will likely need to develop your Heroes more or obtain a key Legendary Hero. A Journey Guide with tips and tricks specific to the Journey can be found here.
League 28: Gold Mine
- Use your squad in the Gold Mine to destroy statues within 7 turns to gather Gold. The Philosopher Stone will spawn 1 statue on a random square each time it is hit up to a maximum of 12 statues per turn. Statue health and gold increases with Journey progression.
- Tip: Use heroes with Multi-Attack to generate as many statues per turn as possible. Once you can reliably generate 12 statues per turn in the later turns, min/maxing involves generating as many statues as possible in the first few turns. The below squads are very effective in the gold mine:
King of the North
|Options: Charon, Soul Catcher, Draggara, Strik, The Fiery Heart, Mina Hellsing, The Colonist Invader, Red-haired Beast|
Oiran the Red Moon
|Options: Leader Nilen, Draggara, Strik, The Fiery Heart, The Colonist Invader, Red-haired Beast|
Oiran the Red Moon
|Options: Other slots should be filled with Heroes that have Multi-Attack or Summon in order to reduce the severity of bad opening hands. Optimal play is:|
Turn 1: Fury, the great warrior - Spawn 4 statues
League 27: Friend Requests
- Allows you to send and receive requests for Common or Rare Souls to friends. Donating Heroes rewards Gold.
- Tip: These souls can be used to complete the "collect rare souls" tasks in Global Events
League 27: Colosseum
- Colosseum has simple minigames that give rewards.
- Tip: The Colosseum requires 20 s to play, which regenerate at 1 every 24 minutes, meaning a reward can be earned every 8 hours. 20 Template:Retiariusseals are also obtainiable from the first chest of the daily quests.
League 27: Mighty Pass
- Unlocks the Mighty Pass, which is a monthly reward system similar to daily and weekly quests. The Mighty Pass has a cycle of 21 days. Rewards for the Mighty Pass are earned by completing daily and weekly Quests.
- Tip: Delay opening daily/weekly reward chests until the pass is active. The chests in the Mighty Pass can be saved and used to complete event steps.
League 24: Guilds (Turf Wars)
- Join a Guild and send Troops to claim territories in Turf Wars. Troop strength is based on the heroes you have and their level of development. Turf wars reset weekly, troops can be sent once daily, and there are 3 clashes per day with rewards distributed based on territories claimed at the end of the 3rd clash.
- Tip: Follow your guild's targets indicated by a crosshair (target) and white flag (do not target) on tiles.
League 22: Event Center
- The Event Center, offers weekly quests to earn Gems and Stamped Coins which can be spent in the Mystery Store for Souls and Resources.
- Tip: Always try to wait to develop your heroes when there is an event center quest available - once the event center task is complete, wait until the next quest appears before continuing to develop heroes.
League 22: Global Events
- Global Events are the main method to unlock Heroes. Complete specific tasks and defeat special event bosses to gain Event Rune which can be used to open event chests containing event heroes. Event difficulty and rewards are based on the highest reached League with 5 different tiers:
- League 21-15
- League 14-10
- League 9-5
- League 4-2
- League 1-GM
- Tip: The best method to unlock Epic and Legendary Heroes. The primary goal is to unlock all 9 featured heroes. The secondary goal is to open as many 5k Event Rune chests in Chapter 3 to obtain Legendary Souls. Note that in addition to the League tiers above, the current Chapter of the Global Event also affects the reward, with the best rewards available in Chapter 3. There are lots of tricks to getting the most out of Global Events, such as storing chests in the battle chamber to open later, saving up Pit/Dark Tower runs, requesting event heroes, etc. - most of which can be found on the Event Tips and Tricks page.
- Tip: Upon reaching League 22 for the first time, the starter event First Blood will immediately begin. This Global Event is easier than normal Global Events but does not have great heroes, so do not invest too much into trying to complete the event. If First Blood is active when High Growth would normally begin, High Growth will not appear until it ends so plan accordingly.
League 22: Wish Shop
- Available after completing the Starter Event and appearing every other week, the Wish Shop allows you choose up to 3 Legendary Heroes to include in a special summoning chest.
- Tip: The Wish Shop is a good source for hero development, but can only be used for a specific hero every 3 appearances. The first roll is a guaranteed hero, but if you have the option to choose more than one hero make sure to save up enough Gems to unlock the hero you want, since selected heroes cannot be chosen again for 2 wish shops.
Generally, a Carry should be the first pick in order to begin developing them as soon as possible via summons and the Black Market. Ideally the carry would also have a fully unlocked Evolution line in order to acquire more souls. If none of the below heroes are an improvement, wishing for Gold Mine heroes or heroes to complete Soulbinds is next. See the Gold Mine section of the New Player Guide for more information.
If you are unsure of what to pick to improve your existing squad, Blair, Charon, Soul Catcher, Dead Lord, and Eostre the Dawn Glow are heroes that can fit in all squads regardless of squad composition. If you just started playing or are just starting to put together a legendary squad, Charon, Soul Catcher, Grace of Rockfleet, Legion, God of War, and Shadow Shaa-Moona are good heroes to build a squad around.
For efficient Gem usage in the Legendary Wish Shop, it is best to purchase 6 spins for 1784 to reach the 8 spin bonus chest after including the 2 free daily spins. 21 spins for 4297 in order to reach the 21 spin bonus chests is also decent with excess gems or good wish heroes.
Carries are Heroes that will win the match when played and left unanswered. A carry should be a top priority when collecting Souls to be leveled to a comparable strength as enemy heroes in order to be effective.
|Aharin Gods Will
|Grace of Rockfleet (Recommended)|
|Legion, God of War (Situationally Recommended)
|Madam Lo'Trix (Recommended)
|Mizu, the Sea Foam
|Mosura Wind Breath (Recommended)
|Tai Ling Dragon Dance (Recommended)
|Yorik, the Risen One|
Support Heroes buff or protect friendly heroes, and are usually played to set up an advantage for the future. Support heroes do not need levels in order to perform their role, but levels will improve their effectiveness.
|Charon, Soul Catcher (Recommended)
|Shadow Shaa-Moona (Situationally Recommended)
|Villano Mad Genius
Control Heroes disable or hinder enemy heroes, and are generally played as an answer to a threat. Control heroes do not need levels to perform their role, but levels will improve their effectiveness.
|Dead Lord (Recommended)
|Eostre the Dawn Glow (Recommended)
|Frost, the Snow Queen
|Groot, Silent Guardian
|Justia, Law Goddess
|Void Jewel (Recommended)
League 22: Gold Shop Bonus (Midas/Shower)
- Starting League 22, the Hand of Midas and Golden Shower Shop Bonus can appear for 12 hours which provides a 50% (Golden Shower) or 100% (Hand of Midas) bonus when purchasing 100k Gold for 500 Gems.
- Tip: If purchasing gold, Hand of Midas is the best gold to gem ratio in the game. Golden Shower and doubling 12h journey rewards after reaching sector 9 are the next best options.
League 20: Dungeon of Trials
- The Dungeon of Trials provides access to one of 2 weekly Game Modes: Dark Tower and The Pit. Both modes have difficulty based on total collection Might and reward Copper Coins for use in the Black Market as well as Chests from Big Rare Chest to Legendary Chest. The Black Market will be the main source of progression by purchasing relevant Legendary Hero lots.
- Dark Tower: Use randomly selected heroes from your collection to fight against AI controlled player collections and win 16 times, with 3 Dark Tower Attempts that recover at 1 Dark Tower Attempts per 12 hours. Hero selection is based on current league, giving you a choice of 4 Common, 4 Rare, 4 Epic, or 4 Legendary heroes per turn.
- Tip: Guild boosts can be used for a huge advantage. Each win will match you against a more difficult opponent, but each loss will match you against a less difficult opponent until you win - it's guaranteed to clear this mode if you purchase enough Dark Tower Attempts.
- The Pit: Battle against 10 bosses of increasing difficulty using all Heroes in your collection only once, with 3 Power Sigil (attempts) that recover at 1 Power Sigil per 12 hours. Rewards are dark coins and chests from big rare to legendary. You are given a random choice of 1 Common, 1 Rare, 1 Epic, and 1 Legendary hero to play per turn, and can reshuffle up to 3 times per attempt.
- Tip: Remember you can only use each hero once during the entire week. If you don't have a lot of heroes, skip turns when you're in a good position to preserve heroes for later bosses. Guild bonuses apply here as well for an advantage in the early game with low collection might.
League 19: Legendary Chests
- Legendary Chest begin dropping from the Hall of Fame starting from League 19.
- Tip: It is best to save these chests for Global Events to pass the "open legendary chests" step at the end of Chapter 2
League 18: Divine Arena
- Play one of two themed squads in the Divine Arena every 48 hours. Rewards are an Epic Chest per squad, so 2 Epic Chest total. Legendary Chests are available during special events.
- Tip: Some matchups are extremely uneven, but it is possible to complete every Divine Arena with both squads. Since you have unlimited attempts, to save time surrender if your opening play is not to your liking and try again.
League 17: Legendary Season Chests
League 16: Pets/Hunt
- Unlocks Pets and the Honey Dew Rescue quest path to earn a Honey Dew pet. Once you have a pet, you can participate in a Hunt whenever a Global Event isn't active. Hunts cost 300 ( Rare)/500 ( Epic)/800 ( Legendary) Gems to begin a set of 10 quests to earn extra pet Souls, with bonus souls if all 10 quests are completed.
- Tip: Hunt during Desired Wealth to double up on rewards.
League 16-13: Black Market Legendary Lots
- Unlocks additional Legendary lots in the Black Market, which is the best source for focused Hero development. Each League between 16 and 13 will change one Epic slot into a Legendary slot.
League 10: Summon Offer Shop Bonus (10x Discount Demigods)
- Starting League 10, the Summon Offer Shop Bonus can appear for 12 hours which provides a discounted Demigods Summon at the price of 899/799/699 Gems per summon (normally 1299/1199/999 Gems per summon).
- Tip: This is one of the better uses of gems outside of permanent purchases such as Warlords, especially when combined with Global Events which doubles the souls of event heroes.
- The most important aspect of success in Mighty Party is developing your heroes by Leveling Up, Soulbinding, and Reborning your Heroes. The 8 heroes in your Squad are the most important, but all heroes need to be developed for use in The Pit, Dark Tower, and to increase troop strength for Turf Wars.
- With the June 1st 2021 update, obtaining souls in order to level up heroes has become much easier. The best methods to collect souls using game Resources are as follows:
- 1. The Black Market, Mystery Store, and Wish Shop to target specific Heroes
- 2. Summons during a 10x discount Event for many randomly distributed souls
- 3. Festive Summons which cost more but only contain event-locked Heroes
- With this in mind, it is best purchase Black Market lots for useful heroes, perform discounted Demigods summons when available, and perform a Festive Summon only as a new player without a lot of unlocked heroes. To get the most out of your Gem, you should always summon Demigods while Hunts or Global Events will reward you for doing so.
- Leveling up using Souls increases Might and troop strength, but requires increasing amounts of gold. Each level gives additional HP, Atk, or improves Skills.
- Heroes should only be leveled up in the following cases:
- 1. To complete Event Center quests
- 2. To complete Daily or Weekly Quests
- 3. To complete a Global Event task (Chapter 1: level up heroes)
- Tip: There is a Guild bonus which reduces the amount of gold required to level up, and an Event Center quest Gold Vein which returns a portion of spent gold.
- Tip: Evolving should always be done with the Guild bonus active. Generally evolving is performed to complete Global Event steps to obtain Souls of a hero or during Events which will double the output for specific evolutions. With high enough VIP, evolving can become a very efficient way to obtain high rarity heroes.
- Soulbinding is available at League 26, and grants permanent boosts to Atk or HP. Heroes can be soulbound up to 4 times using Soul Dust, with each soulbind requiring specific levels of other heroes. Soulbinding should be immediately performed on any actively used heroes. Soulbinding unused heroes is optional - while it increases troop strength for Turf War, it also increases total might which affects difficulty within the Dungeon of Trials.
- Tip: In order to unlock all soulbinds, Common should be leveled up to level 16, Rare to level 13, Epic to level 8, and Legendary to level 6.
- Reborn is available at League 22, and grants permanent upgrades to attack, health, and even skills, but resets the hero's level back to 1. This will likely reduce the strength of the hero unless you are able to level it back up immediately, but also grants more level ups and thus more Gems from High Growth.
- Tip: Reborns should generally only be performed with a planned Reboosted push and to obtain additional level-ups to complete quests. However, when Reborning make sure that you are able to relevel your heroes back to a usable level - in general, the required levels for soulbinding are a good benchmark: Level 16 Common, Level 13 Rare, Level 8 Epic, and Level 6 Legendary.
- Promotional codes are occasionally available. There are currently two promo codes:
Although Mighty Party is much more about proper management of Resources, farming specific resources is possible.
- Farming Souls of a specific Hero is possible by keeping it's Might low relative the rest of your collection within the same Rarity. Chests, Summons, and the Black Market have a higher chance of containing lower Might heroes. This is most useful (and noticeable) when farming Rare heroes in order to Evolve up to higher rarities.
- Gold can be farmed in the Hall of Fame. Although Chests are limited by available slots, gold is still awarded for each victory. The amount of gold rewarded can be increased by:
- Event Runes can also be earned in the Colosseum. You may also be able to refresh Event Bosses and purchase Attempts for Event Runes at a cheaper price than purchasing them directly with Gems (3:1), although that will generally only be cheaper with late Chapter 3 bosses.
- Do not level up anything except what is necessary to advance. Unlock the Event Center at League 22 in order to receive rewards for developing Heroes.
- Wish Shop unlocks at League 22 after completing First Blood. Your first Wish Shop should be used to pick a strong carry to build a team around.
- Grace of Rockfleet is one of the strongest heroes as well as the best Gold Mine hero.
- Legion, God of War combos well with the many Rare and Epic Order Heroes that are available in the early Leagues. He also has the benefit of being a good Gold Mine hero. However, a Legion pick will limit your viable choices in the future if you choose to continue using him.
- Shadow Shaa-Moona is not a carry, but is a very good tank to protect your other heroes. Although she will not win the fight by herself, she is very good at protecting the backline and your Warlord and does not need any levels to do so.
- For more recommendations, see the Wish Shop section.
- Global Events and Mysterious Calls unlock at League 22. Check the Event path difficulty to ensure you are able to get as far into the event as possible - it is better to make it to Chapter 3 than to advance a global event tier and only make it to Chapter 2. However if you are going to be stuck in the same tier regardless (generally due to lacking soulbinds), it is better to advance.
- Gems should be saved and spent on the Og'ord Crusher (Ogre) skin for Son of Woods or the Jimmy Rockerboy skin for Adam, then on Black Market lots to improve your squad or on summons while doubling up with a Hunt, or quest.
- Which warlord depends on squad composition. Ogre is more versatile, but a "face" deck that goes directly for the warlord works great with Jimmy.
- Global Events prevent other events from occurring. This is specifically relevant for First Blood which begins immediately on reaching League 22 and lasts for 6 days, and will prevent other events from occurring while it is active
- Plan Reboosted pushes in order to advance in League. The first Reboosted push should take 1490 Souls, 107900 Gold, and 6300 Soul Dust per reboosted hero before discounts to reach League 7-10 with Level 12 Reborn 2 heroes boosted to Level 21 Reborn 2. The second Reboosted push should take 4330 Souls, 291200 Gold, and 8400 Soul Dust per reboosted hero before discounts to reach League 1-4 using Level 14 Reborn 3 heroes boosted to approximately Level 26 Reborn 3.
- There are a few Premium purchases that are helpful in the long run:
- The Gem Fund is available for a limited time and offers the best Gem to Real Money ratio.
- Legendary Pets offer the best value per dollar and can also be considered as ending the "free trial" and "buying" the game. Pets grant a huge advantage to players compared to not having a pet, but also have recurring costs using Gems to improve them in addition to the initial purchase using real money. Sentry Fenrirus (wolf) will provide the most immediate benefit, while Drogun (raptor) is the best long term option.
- Chest Slots are the next best value, but only for PC players as having additional chest slots in the Hall of Fame is not useful when only one chest can be opened at a time. Additional slots will also allow you to "save" chests in preparation for events.
- VIP is a recurring subscription that offers great benefits, but also requires investment in the hundreds or thousands to be worth it, so it is generally not for new players.
- Purchasable Warlord skins are significant upgrades over the base warlords. This should be one of the first purchases made with Gems a new player makes. Don't forget that spending Gems is rewarded by the monthly Desired Wealth Event when it is active as well as the Global Events step to spend 1k gems.
Warlord Tier List
- Tier 1 - Ogre, Jimmy - Ogre and Jimmy are both significant improvements over the basic Warlords. Ogre is a defensive warlord highly reliant on being supported by a strong squad, but has abilities useful for all types of squads and remains relevant throughout all levels of play. Jimmy is an aggressive warlord with strong summons but the effectiveness of his abilities tapers off as heroes become stronger, and his abilities are highly dependent on luck for placement.
- Tier 2 - Cookie, Geisha, Widow, Pirate, White Shaman - These are all decent Warlords, but will generally not be as beneficial for new players either due to the turn lost from setting up abilities (Geisha/Widow), or the unreliable nature of abilities (Cookie/Pirate/White Shaman).
- Tier 3 - Shadow, Efreet, Nord - These Warlords have abilities which are themed around a certain mechanic. In general they require a squad to be built around these abilities so they are not good for new players who do not have a wide selection of Heroes to create a squad from.
- Tier 4 - Soccer, Fan, Cheer, Referee - these are the base warlords, but stronger. In general, the abilities of the unique skins are stronger. These skins are also never featured in Global Events of the Event Center.
- In general a new player should aim to purchase Ogre first. Although Jimmy is a lot more effective at lower Leagues, Ogre remains relevant through all levels of play. If the player has a surplus of Gems or is aiming for a squad built around Legion, God of War, Jimmy can be purchased first before considering a transitioning to Ogre around 10-15k squad might once Jimmy starts having problems staying alive long enough to win.
- Pirate was highly recommended for a while due to how the AI interacted with his Damage Pentagrams, but the preference for the AI to place heroes on damage pentagrams was changed on April 12, 2022 so that the AI will now actively attempt to avoid them. This can still be used to zone out Heroes from a lane, but is not as useful as guaranteed damage at the start of each enemy turn.