This is a guide containing basic information for new players originally written on the subreddit, and later migrated to the wiki to take advantage of the wiki's features.
- 1 Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.1 TLDR?
- 1.2 What kind of game is Mighty Party?
- 1.3 Is this game P2W?
- 1.4 Is this game Player vs Player?
- 1.5 What platform should I play on?
- 1.6 What is the most important thing to know as a new player?
- 1.7 What are the best things to spend my Gems or real money on?
- 1.8 I want to whale. What should I spend on?
- 1.9 Promo Codes?
- 1.10 What Warlord skin should I purchase?
- 1.11 Which heroes should I choose for the Wish Shop?
- 1.12 When should I Reborn my heroes?
- 1.13 When should I Soulbind my heroes?
- 2 Terminology
- 3 Creating an Account
- 4 Progression Unlocks
- 4.1 Journey
- 4.2 League 28: Gold Mine
- 4.3 League 27: Friend Requests
- 4.4 League 27: Brawl
- 4.5 League 27: Mighty Pass
- 4.6 League 24: Guilds (Turf Wars)
- 4.7 League 23: Wish Shop
- 4.8 League 22: Fables
- 4.9 League 22: Global Events
- 4.10 League 20: Dungeon of Trials
- 4.11 League 19: Legendary Chests
- 4.12 League 17: Legendary Season Chests
- 4.13 League 17: Divine Arena
- 4.14 League 17: Disciple Graduation/Teacher
- 4.15 League 16: Pets/Hunt
- 4.16 League 10: Summon Offer Fable (10x discount Demigods)
- 5 Hero Development
- 6 Gameplay Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Start an Account on Facebook. Facebook accounts are the only way to play on both Mobile and PC. If you do not need the ability to play on mobile, then start an account on Steam as it is the most stable PC platform.
- 2. Avoid leveling anything (Heroes or Warlords) until the monthly High Growth fable which gives Gems for level ups.
- 3. Reach League 22 to unlock Global Events which are the best method of unlocking Heroes.
- 4. Reach League 20 to unlock the weekly game mode in the Dungeon of Trials and the Black Market. The Black Market is the best source for Legendary Heroes.
What kind of game is Mighty Party?
- Mighty Party is a game focused on building your collection of Heroes. However, unlike most collection-type games it is not a gacha where you spend resources chasing a 3% drop rate. Most drop rates in Mighty Party are quite generous, meaning the game is more about resource management rather than luck. Unlike most games, the game is not designed to be immediately completable by an average player - you will get stuck at points until you get stronger by continuing to play.
Is this game P2W?
- Like many other modern microtransaction games, the general model is not pay to win, meaning that unique advantages are not offered to whale players, but pay to advance faster. For example, a new player can expect to hit League 20 after around a week of playing, but buying a good $5 Legendary pack can get you there within a day as Legendary Heroes are pretty overpowered in the early leagues. In the later leagues, obtaining large quantities of Souls is a lesson in patience unless you pay money.
- Pets, released in May 2019 are with one exception, only available for real money and offer a large advantage for a 1 time purchase with additional development costs using in game currency. Nonetheless development of Heroes is still the key to overall progression.
Is this game Player vs Player?
- With 1 exception, all battles are Player vs. AI, with the AI using another player's Squad or specially designed squads to fight you. The exception is Turf Wars, in which you play a numbers game with other players using the Troops of your collection.
What platform should I play on?
- Facebook or Steam are the best platforms. Facebook allows you to play both on mobile via iOS/Android apps and on PC via web browser or using Facebook Gameroom. Steam is the most stable platform, but does not allow native mobile play. Mobile platforms (Android and iOS) are the worst to play on as they have restrictions on the amount of chests they can have opening at one time.
- if you have already started on Mobile and have not ever created a Facebook account, you can link the mobile account to Facebook to play on PC. There are no other ways to transfer accounts between platforms.
What is the most important thing to know as a new player?
- Do not level up anything (Heroes or Warlords) without the High Growth Fable active unless absolutely necessary for progression to League 22 to unlock Fables. The High Growth Fable rewards gems for leveling up.
- The First Blood Global Event immediately begins upon reaching League 22 and will block High Growth, the Wish Shop, and other Global Events from starting. First Blood lasts for 6 days, so if planning ahead be sure it will finish before the other events begin.
What are the best things to spend my Gems or real money on?
- The best purchase for real money is the Gem Fund which is a limited time purchase and provides the best long term Gems to money ratio, a Legendary Pet (Sentry Fenrirus (wolf) will provide the most immediate benefit, while Drogun (raptor) is the best long term option), and finally Chest Slots if playing on a PC platform (since mobile platforms only allow one chest to open at a time). If you are looking to make occasional purchases, the Combat Packs that appear around holidays are Mighty Party's version of a sale deal.
- The best purchase for Gems for a new player are:
- The Pirate Warlord skin
- The Hunt to level Legendary Pets
- The Black Market to improve specific Heroes
- Summons during a 10x Demigods discount Fable, Global Events or the Hunt to complete steps
- Global Event Heroes are doubled in summons while their Global Event is active
- A Festive Summon that is available during holidays that costs up to 4x as much as a Demigods summon, but only contains Event Locked Heroes. This summon is the best method to unlock many Heroes if you can afford it.
- The Wish Shop (but only to unlock heroes, not collect more Souls).
When spending Gems, it is best to spend while a Fable. Hunt, or Global Event will reward you for spending. Long term the best way to spend gems is to complete hunts while a 10x discount fable is active.
I want to whale. What should I spend on?
- Whales will generally purchase Sparks and Gems in the Shop during Global Events, as they go on sale while the Global Event is active.
- There are currently two promo codes which are always active:
What Warlord skin should I purchase?
- New players should always purchase the Freebooter Dave skin for Adam (aka Pirate) first. This is because the enemy AI will place their heroes on the damage Pentagrams summoned by Pirate's first skill resulting in them automatically dying the next turn.
- At some point, the pentagrams will no longer be killing enemy heroes in one turn or you will just die too quickly to do anything meaningful - at this point, either the Og'ord, Crusher skin for Son of Woods (aka Ogre) or the Jimmy Rockerboy skin for Adam should be used instead of Pirate - More information can be found in the Warlord Skins section below.
Which heroes should I choose for the Wish Shop?
- Select Heroes who's usefulness is not based on their level but their Skills, and have enough Gems saved up to get them since the wish shop only comes once a month - keeping in mind that the first free roll will always be a Legendary. Legion, God of War is highly recommended for new players, while Blair is highly recommended for all players. More information and options are listed in the Wish Shop section below.
When should I Reborn my heroes?
- You should always try to Reborn when a Fable is active which will refund souls for reborning. This is much more important for higher tiers of reborn, so if a first reborn will finish a Weekly Quest or a task in the Event Path it could still be worth it even without the Fable active. However, when Reborning make sure that you are able to relevel your heroes back to a usable level - in general, the required levels for soulbinding are a good benchmark: Level 16 Commons, Level 13 Rares, Level 8 Epics, and Level 6 Legendarys. Most important are the rare/epic/legendary soulbinds, as those are required for steps in Global Events.
When should I Soulbind my heroes?
- You should immediately Soulbind heroes that you actively use in your squad and as needed for Global Event steps. For other heroes, soulbinds (as well as Reborns and Level-ups) increase total might, which increases the difficulty Dungeon of Trials. However, the difficulty increase from soulbinding is negligible and not worth worrying over as the point where soulbinds would actually influence difficulty can be carried by the correct choice of warlord (Pirate). Soulbinding also increases Troops, which is beneficial for Guilds and gives more gold from deployment, so it is generally recommended to soulbind as soul dust allows (keeping in mind that a reserve of soul dust should be kept for the relevant event steps to boost heroes and to soulbind upcoming event heroes).
- Rank - Overall measurement of account development. Ranks improve the Gold Mine. Experience is mainly gained from the Journey.
- League - Measurement of account in relation to other accounts. Advancing in League unlocks various features.
- Warlord - The "player character". There are currently 4 warlords and over 20 skins each with different abilities.
- Hero - Also known as cards. 8 heroes form a Squad which the Warlord takes into battles.
- Souls - Also known as copies. Souls are used to level up and evolve heroes.
- Resources - Used for purchasing or enabling various features.
- Referral System - Replaced with the Disciple System in November 2019
Creating an Account
- There is a single server that everyone plays on, but different platforms can be used to log in.
- There is no way to merge different platform accounts with the exception of Facebook which can be linked to a mobile platform - each platform used to log in creates a unique account with a different ID.
- A Facebook account is the most versatile account type as it allows play on both PC and mobile. Otherwise a Steam account provides the best and most stable user experience, but does not allow native mobile play via apps.
PC vs Mobile
- There is currently one major difference between the PC version and the Mobile version:
- 1. On mobile, Chests earned from the Hall of Fame must have their timer manually started and can only start if no other chest currently has a timer running. Chests earned on PC automatically begin opening and may open simultaneously. To slightly compensate for this, mobile chests have approximately 2x the contents of PC chests, but active PC users will have a large advantage.
- Various Game Modes and features unlock as you advance in League, while difficulty is based on the total Might of your entire collection. Most important is reaching League 22 to unlock Global Events as they are the main method for unlocking Heroes and League 20 to unlock the Dungeon of Trials/Black Marekt which is the best source for Legendary Souls.
- The Journey is the main storyline of the game and consists of a series of battles against increasingly difficult enemies. The Journey is designed to be difficult to complete - The final chapter (Chapter 9) of the Journey is currently impossible for all but the top few players. Progression in the Journey only slightly improves the rewards from the recurrent timed Journey chest, so don't worry too much if you get stuck.
- Of special note is the Gem Fund which is a limited time offer lasting 2 weeks from account creation and offers by far the best Gems to real money ratio, rewarding Gems for progressing in the Journey. If you are planning on spending any money at all and planning to play the game seriously, the Gem Fund is one of the better long term best purchases you can make.
- Tip: Look at the enemies abilities and try to build a squad which can counter them. Remember that you will get stuck at some point and that to progress you will likely need to develop your Heroes more or obtain a key Legendary Hero. A Journey Guide with tips and tricks specific to the Journey can be found here.
League 28: Gold Mine
- Use your squad in the Gold Mine to destroy statues within 7 turns to gather Gold. The Philosopher Stone will spawn 1 statue on a random square each time it is hit up to a maximum of 12 statues per turn. Statue health and gold increases with Journey progression.
- Tip: Use heroes with Multi-Attack to generate as many statues per turn as possible. The below two squads are very effective in the gold mine:
King of the North
|Options: Charon, Soul Catcher, Strik, The Fiery Heart, Mina Hellsing, The Colonist Invader, Red-haired Beast|
Oiran the Red Moon
|Options: Leader Nilen, Strik, The Fiery Heart, The Colonist Invader, Red-haired Beast|
League 27: Friend Requests
- Allows you to send and receive requests for Common or Rare Souls to friends. Donating Heroes rewards Gold.
- Tip: These souls can be used to complete the "collect rare souls" tasks in Global Events
League 27: Brawl
- Brawl is used for testing squads, but also provides minor rewards. Brawl rewards are limited to the following:
- Maximum of 200 rewards per day (resets at 6 PM UTC)
- Up to 3 Attempts daily during a Global Event
- 50 Sparks for the first daily win during a Global Event
- Up to 875 Sparks during a Global Event
League 27: Mighty Pass
- Unlocks the Mighty Pass, which is a monthly reward system similar to daily and weekly quests. The Mighty Pass has a cycle of 21 days. Rewards for the Mighty Pass are earned by completing daily and weekly Quests.
- Tip: Delay opening daily/weekly reward chests until the pass is active. The chests in the Mighty Pass can be saved and used to complete event steps.
League 24: Guilds (Turf Wars)
- Join a Guild and send Troops to claim territories in Turf Wars. Troop strength is based on the heroes you have and their level of development. Turf wars reset weekly, troops can be sent once daily, and there are 3 clashes per day with rewards distributed based on territories claimed at the end of the 3rd clash.
- Tip: Follow your guild's targets indicated by a crosshair (target) and white flag (do not target) on tiles.
League 23: Wish Shop
- Available approximately every month, the Wish Shop allows you choose up to 3 Legendary Heroes to include in a special summoning chest.
- Tip: The Wish Shop is best for unlocking heroes, not getting additional Souls to level them. The first roll is a guaranteed Legendary hero, but if you have the option to choose more than one Legendary hero make sure to save up enough Gems to unlock the hero you want, since the wish shop only comes once a month.
Bolded heroes are highly recommended as they are able to perform well at all levels of play.
- Carry - Heroes that require investment but will win the fight
- Arioch Nemesis Weapon - Bleed enemies and steal their attack
- Ghosta - Presence threat that damages everything
- Grace of Rockfleet - Win after 7 deaths
- Legion, God of War - Wombo Combo with order heroes to win
- Madam Agony - Scaling threat that transforms things
- Madam Lo'Trix - Scaling threat that cleanses and summons meatshields
- Poison Flos - Tanky annoyance that summons and poisons
- Scrap, the King of Garbage - Turn the tables on a full board
- Yorik, the Risen One - Clear a lane and get buff
- Support - Heroes that strengthen or protect friendly heroes already on the board
- Alexandria - Cleanse, Silence, and Heal all in one
- Apep, Aspect of Chaos - Flying reborn dispenser
- Blair - Sharks -> Blair -> Pierce everything to death
- Charon, Soul Catcher - Everyone gets a shield, extra attacks on demand
- Discordia - Make existing threats twice as deadly
- Eostre the Dawn Glow - Silence males and control the board
- Shadow Shaa-Moona - Invincible frontline to protect the backline
- Control - Heroes that hinder enemy heroes
- Dead Lord - Transform pesky Shaa-Moonas and summon meatshields
- Evil "Santa" - Transform pretty much everything
- Frost, the Snow Queen - Freeze enemies and make them easy to kill
- Groot, Silent Guardian - Silence all the things
- Justia, Law Goddess - Counters summoners, also good in Journey
- Vixen, The Storm Lord - Scaling threat that freezes enemies
Generally, a Carry should be the first pick in order to begin developing them as soon as possible via summons and the Black Market. Ideally the carry would also have a fully unlocked Evolution line in order to acquire more souls. Legion, God of War is the best option for a new player as he works with lower rarity Order Heroes as well as being a good Gold Mine Hero. Otherwise, Madam Lo'Trix is a good carry that fits well in most squads.
Shadow Shaa-Moona is a fantastic frontliner who does not rely on having levels to do her job of protecting the backline. However Shadow Shaa-Moona is not a Carry herself - she will need something to protect that will win the game for you. If you already have a carry, Blair is a good support hero that fits well in any squad. She combos nicely with the Pirate warlord to clear 2 lanes, and her abilities do not rely on her having a high level.
League 22: Fables
- Fables, also known as Events, are short boosts/tasks lasting for 6-36 hours. There are two groups of Fables - the first is unique per player, while the other is globally active for all players meeting specific requirements. All fables are randomly selected with 3 major exceptions which occur approximately every month:
- 1. High Growth rewards Gems for leveling up heroes
- 2. Hot Gifts gives free Gems on a daily cooldown for 3 days
- 3. Desired Wealth rewards Chests for spending Gems.
- Tip: Always try to wait to develop your heroes when there is a fable for that task - level up heroes only during high growth, Evolve/Reborn the specified types of heroes, etc.
League 22: Global Events
- Global Events are the main method to unlock Heroes. Complete specific tasks and defeat special event bosses to gain Sparks which can be used to open event chests containing event heroes. Event difficulty and rewards are based on the highest reached League with 5 different tiers:
- League 21-15
- League 14-10
- League 9-5
- League 4-2
- League 1-GM
- Tip: The best method to unlock Epic and Legendary Heroes. The primary goal is to unlock all 9 featured heroes, with an emphasis on Epic heroes, as Epic event heroes are normally limited to events while Legendary heroes can be unlocked via the Wish Shop. The secondary goal is to open as many 5k Sparks chests in Chapter 3 to obtain Legendary Souls. Note that in addition to the League tiers above, the current Chapter of the Global Event also affects the reward, with the best rewards available in Chapter 3. There are lots of tricks to getting the most out of Global Events, such as storing chests in the battle chamber to open later, saving up Pit/Dark Tower runs, requesting event heroes, etc. - most of which can be found on the Event Tips and Tricks page.
- Tip: Upon reaching League 22 for the first time, the starter event First Blood will immediately begin. This Global Event is easier than normal Global Events but does not have great heroes, so do not invest too much into trying to complete the event. If First Blood is active when High Growth would normally begin, High Growth will not appear so plan accordingly.
League 20: Dungeon of Trials
- The Dungeon of Trials provides access to one of 2 weekly Game Modes: Dark Tower and The Pit. Both modes have difficulty based on total collection Might and reward Copper Coins for use in the Black Market as well as Chests from Big Rare Chest to Legendary Chest. The Black Market will be the main source of progression by purchasing relevant Legendary Hero lots.
- Dark Tower: Use randomly selected heroes from your collection to fight against AI controlled player collections and win 16 times, with 3 Dark Tower Attempts that recover at 1 Dark Tower Attempts per 12 hours. Hero selection is based on current league, giving you a choice of 4 Common, 4 Rare, 4 Epic, or 4 Legendary heroes per turn.
- Tip: Guild boosts can be used for a huge advantage. Each win will match you against a more difficult opponent, but each loss will match you against a less difficult opponent until you win - it's guaranteed to clear this mode if you purchase enough Dark Tower Attempts.
- The Pit: Battle against 10 bosses of increasing difficulty using all Heroes in your collection only once, with 3 Power Sigil (attempts) that recover at 1 Power Sigil per 12 hours. Rewards are dark coins and chests from big rare to legendary. You are given a random choice of 1 Common, 1 Rare, 1 Epic, and 1 Legendary hero to play per turn, and can reshuffle up to 3 times per attempt.
- Tip: Remember you can only use each hero once during the entire week. If you don't have a lot of heroes, skip turns when you're in a good position to preserve heroes for later bosses. Guild bonuses apply here as well for an advantage in the early game with low collection might.
League 19: Legendary Chests
- Legendary Chest begin dropping from the Hall of Fame starting from League 19.
- Tip: It is best to save these chests for Global Events to pass the "open legendary chests" step at the end of Chapter 2
League 17: Legendary Season Chests
League 17: Divine Arena
- Play one of two themed squads in the Divine Arena every 48 hours. Rewards are an Epic Chest per squad, so 2 Epic Chest total. Legendary Chests are available during special events.
- Tip: Some matchups are extremely uneven, but it is possible to complete every Divine Arena with both squads. Since you have unlimited attempts, to save time surrender if your opening play is not to your liking and try again.
League 17: Disciple Graduation/Teacher
- Graduate from a Disciple to a Teacher, which allows you to have your own Disciples and gain rewards from teaching new players. Teachers gain 5 Gems per dollar spent by their Disciples, and receive a Legendary Chest for each Disciple that graduates by reaching league 17. A Teacher can have a maximum of 15 Disciples.
League 16: Pets/Hunt
- Unlocks Pets and the Honey Dew Rescue quest path to earn a Honey Dew pet. Once you have a pet, you can participate in a Hunt whenever a Global Event isn't active. Hunts cost 300 ( Rare)/500 ( Epic)/800 ( Legendary) Gems to begin a set of 10 quests to earn extra pet Souls, with bonus souls if all 10 quests are completed.
- Tip: Hunt during Desired Wealth to double up on rewards.
League 10: Summon Offer Fable (10x discount Demigods)
- Starting League 10, the Summon Offer fable can appear for 12 hours which provides a discounted Demigods Summon at the price of 899/799/699 Gems per summon (normally 1299/1199/999 Gems per summon).
- Tip: This is the best use of gems outside of permanent purchases such as Warlords, especially when combined with Global Events which doubles the souls of event heroes.
- The most important aspect of success in Mighty Party is developing your heroes by Leveling Up, Soulbinding, and Reborning your Heroes. The 8 heroes in your Squad are the most important, but all heroes need to be developed for use in The Pit, Dark Tower, and to increase troop strength for Turf Wars.
- With the June 1st 2021 update, obtaining souls in order to level up heroes has become much easier. The best methods to collect souls using game Resources are as follows:
- 1. Black Market lots to target specific Heroes
- 2. Summons during a 10x discount Fable for many randomly distributed souls
- 3. Festive Summons which cost more but only contain event-locked Heroes
- With this in mind, it is best purchase Black Market lots for useful heroes, perform discounted Demigods summons when available, and perform a Festive Summon only as a new player without a lot of unlocked heroes. To get the most out of your Gems, you should always summon Demigods while Hunts or Global Events will reward you for doing so.
- Leveling up using Souls increases Might and troop strength, but requires increasing amounts of gold. Each level gives additional HP, Atk, or improves Skills.
- Heroes should only be leveled up in the following cases:
- 1. To complete a Global Event task (Chapter 1: level up heroes)
- 2. As necessary to complete Daily or Weekly Quests
- 3. Whenever High Growth is active
- Tip: There is a Guild bonus and fable which reduces the amount of gold required to level up. Try to calculate how many High Growth steps you can complete so you do not waste level ups. Mighty Bot on the official discord server can do this for you.
- Tip: Evolving should always be done with the Guild bonus active. Generally evolving is performed to complete Global Event steps to obtain Souls of a hero or during Fables which will double the output for specific evolutions. With high enough VIP, evolving can become a very efficient way to obtain high rarity heroes.
- Soulbinding is available at League 26, and grants permanent boosts to Atk or HP. Heroes can be soulbound up to 4 times using Soul Dust, with each soulbind requiring specific levels of other heroes. Soulbinding should be immediately performed on any actively used heroes. Soulbinding unused heroes is optional - while it increases troop strength for Turf War, it also increases total might which affects difficulty within the Dungeon of Trials.
- Tip: In order to unlock all soulbinds, Common should be leveled up to level 16, Rare to level 13, Epic to level 8, and Legendary to level 6.
- Reborn is available at League 22, and grants permanent upgrades to attack, health, and even skills, but resets the hero's level back to 1. This will likely reduce the strength of the hero unless you are able to level it back up immediately, but also grants more level ups and thus more Gems from High Growth.
- Tip: Reborns should generally only be performed during a "Reborns return souls" Fable. This is much more important for higher tiers of reborn, so if a first reborn will finish a Weekly Quest or a task in the Event Path it could still be worth it even without the Fable active. However, when Reborning make sure that you are able to relevel your heroes back to a usable level - in general, the required levels for soulbinding are a good benchmark: Level 16 Common, Level 13 Rare, Level 8 Epic, and Level 6 Legendary.
- Promotional codes are occasionally available. There are currently two promo codes:
- Do not level up anything except what is necessary to advance. Unlock Fables at League 22 in order to level up heroes during High Growth.
- Once you've purchased the pirate warlord, consider skipping a High Growth to reach higher tiers. The higher a tier you're able to reach, the better the ratio of gems per level-up.
- Global Events also unlock at League 22. Check the Event path difficulty to ensure you are able to get as far into the event as possible - it is better to make it to Chapter 3 than to advance a global event tier and only make it to Chapter 2. However if you are going to be stuck in the same tier regardless (generally due to lacking soulbinds), it is better to advance.
- Gems should be saved and spent on the Pirate Skin for Adam, then on Black Market lots to improve your squad or on summons while a bonus for spending gems is active such as Desired Wealth, a Hunt, or a Global Event step.
- Demigod summons have a much higher than normal chance to have a Legendary Hero until a Legendary is summoned. Once a Legendary is summoned, the chances return to the normal 2% chance per summon. There is also a discount on the first summon for the first 24 hours. Since each summon reduces the price of the next summon, it is best to either: A. attempt to get this legendary as soon as possible to take advantage of the discount, or B. wait until later leagues when more powerful legendary heroes become available from summoning.
- There are a few Premium purchases that are helpful in the long run:
- The Gem Fund is available for a limited time and offers the best Gem to Real Money ratio.
- Legendary Pets offer the best value per dollar and can also be considered as ending the "free trial" and "buying" the game. Pets grant a huge advantage to players compared to not having a pet, but also have recurring costs using Gems to improve them in addition to the initial purchase using real money. Sentry Fenrirus (wolf) will provide the most immediate benefit, while Drogun (raptor) is the best long term option.
- Chest Slots are the next best value, but only for PC players as having additional chest slots in the Hall of Fame is not useful when only one chest can be opened at a time. Additional slots will also allow you to "save" chests in preparation for events.
- VIP is a recurring subscription that offers great benefits, but also requires investment in the hundreds or thousands to be worth it, so it is generally not for new players.
- Purchasable Warlord skins are significant upgrades over the base warlords. This should be one of the first purchases made with Gems a new player makes. Don't forget that spending Gems is rewarded by the monthly Desired Wealth Fable when it is active as well as the Global Events step to spend 1k gems.
Warlord Tiers for New Players
- Tier 1 - Pirate - Freebooter Dave is literally game changing for a new player. The enemy AI likes to place their heroes on the summoned damage runes, meaning that most of the time you are able to ignore them as they will die. The Sharks are also pretty good for creating space in a lane to place a fragile ranged character.
- Tier 2 - Ogre, Cookie, Jimmy, Geisha, Widow - These are all decent Warlords, but will generally not be as beneficial for new players either due to their cost (Jimmy), the turn lost from setting up abilities (Geisha/Widow), or their abilities not having as much impact on lower leagues where enemy heroes can be killed by pentagrams instead of silenced and remaining on the board (Cookie/Ogre).
- Tier 3 - Shadow, Efreet, Shaman, Nord - These Warlords have abilities which are themed around a certain mechanic. In general they require a squad to be built around these abilities so they are not good for new players who do not have a wide selection of Heroes to create a squad from.
- Not worth it - Soccer, Fan, Cheer, Referee - these are just the base warlords with extra health, and are not even featured as a Warlord in the Event Path. Not really ever worth the purchase price.
- In general, new players should always aim to purchase Pirate first. Ogre or Jimmy should be the next purchase - Ogre is more generally useful, but a "face" deck that goes directly for the warlord works great with Jimmy. The switch from Pirate is usually best done when the player is dying too quickly to be able to play anything - generally this happens once Pirate pentagrams are no longer killing enemy heroes in one turn.
- Nord and Geisha are both good 3rd purchase options for a Gold Mine squad. All other warlords should be purchased only with excess Gems in order to complete the Global Event task in Chapter 3 to win with that specific warlord.
Warlord Tiers for Stronger Players
- So new players can plan ahead, below is a general tier list for Warlords used by stronger players - generally the switch will be made sometime around 10k-15k Squad Might:
- Tier 1: Ogre - Due to how damage and warlord health scales, the extra health that Ogre provides at high level play is almost mandatory to survive.
- Tier 1.5: Jimmy - Jimmy usually either wins or loses by turn 3. He's very strong when building a deck that ignores the board to go after the warlord, especially when using Legion, but if he cannot win early then Ogre will easily overpower him.
- Tier 2: Pirate - The pentagrams do not do enough damage to one shot enemies making Pirate much less useful at high levels of play.
- Tier 3: Geisha, Widow, Shaman - Game changing abilities but require (too much) setup to use properly.
- Special Mention: Nord is part of one of the most efficient Gold Mine decks.